2. Resist not evil; if a man smite thee on one cheek, turn to him the other also. Matt. 5:39, 40.
3. Avenge not yourselves: rather give place unto wrath: and suffer yourselves to be defrauded. Rom. 12:18- 19; 1 Cor. 6:7.
4. If a man take away thy goods, ask them not again. Luke 6:29-30.
5. Agree with your adversary quickly, submitting even to wrong for the sake of peace. Matt. 5:25; 1 Cor. 6:7.
6. Labor not to be rich: be ready to every good work, give to those who ask: relieve the afflicted. 1 Tim. 6:8; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:16; James 1:27; Titus 3:1.
7. Do not your alms before men: let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. Matt. 6: 1-4.
8. Recompense to no man evil for evil: overcome evil with good. Rom. 12:17, 21.
9. Bless them that curse you; let no cursing come out of your mouth. Matt. 5:44; Rom. 12:14.
10. Render not evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise, blessing. 1 Peter 3:9.
11. Pray for them that despitefully use you and afflict you. Matt. 5:44.
12. Grudge not; judge not; complain not; condemn not. James 5:9; Matt. 7:1.
13. Put away anger, wrath, bitterness, and all evil speaking. Eph. 4:31; 1 Peter 2:1.
14. Confess your faults one to another. James 5: 16.
15. Be not conformed to this world: love not the world. Rom. 12:2; 1 John 2:15.
16. Deny any ungodliness and worldly lusts. If thy right hand offend thee, cut it off. Titus 2: 12; Matt. 5:30.
17. Servants, be faithful, even to bad masters. Eph. 6:5-8.
18. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Rom. 12:16.
19. Owe no man anything. Rom. 13:7-8.
20. In case of sin (known or heard of), speak not of it to others, but tell the offending brother of the matter between thee and him alone, with a view to recovery. Matt. 18: 15; Gal. 6:1.
21. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart. Matt. 22:37.
22. Pray always; pray with brevity and simplicity; pray secretly. Luke 18:1; Matt. 6:6-7.
23. In everything give thanks to God and recognize Him in all your ways. Eph. 5:20; Prov. 3:6.
24. As ye would that men should do to you, do ye also so to them. Matt. 7:12.
25. Take Christ for an example and follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21.
26. Let Christ dwell in your heart by faith. Eph. 3: 17.
27. Esteem Christ more highly than all earthly things: yea, than your own life. Luke 14:26.
28. Confess Christ freely before men. Luke 12:8.
29. Beware lest the cares of life or the allurements of pleasure weaken his hold on your heart. Luke 21 :34- 36; Matt. 24:44.
30. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Matt. 22:39.
31. Exercise lordship over no one. Matt. 23:10-12.
32. Seek not your own welfare only, nor bear your own burdens merely, but have regard to those of others. Phil. 2:4; Gal. 6:2.
33. Let your light shine before men: hold forth the Word of Life. Do good to all men as ye have opportunity. Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:16; Gal. 6:10.
34. Be blameless and harmless, as the sons of God in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation. Phil. 2:15.
35. Be gentle, meek, kind-hearted compassionate, merciful, forgiving. 2 Tim. 2:24; Titus 2:2; Eph. 4:32.
36. Be sober, grave, sincere, temperate. Phil. 4:5; 1 Peter. 1:13; 5:8.
37. Speak the truth every man with his neighbor: put away all lying. Eph. 4:25.
38. Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as unto the Lord, and not unto men. Col. 3:23.
39. Be watchful, vigilant, brave, joyful, courteous and manly. 1 Cor. 16:13; Phil. 4:4.
40. Be clothed with humility: be patient toward all. Col. 3:12; Rom. 12:12; 1 Pet. 5:5.
41. Follow peace with all men. Heb. 12:14.
42. Sympathize in the joys and sorrows of others. Rom. 12:15.
43. Follow after whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseful. Phil. 4:8.
44. Refrain utterly from adultery, fornication, uncleanness, drunkenness, covetousness, wrath, strife, sedition, hatred, emulation, boasting, vainglory, envy, jesting and foolish talking. Eph. 5:3-4; Gal. 5:19- 21.
45. Whatever you do, consider the effect of your action on the honor of God's Name among men. Do all to the glory of God. 1 Cor. 3:17; 10:31.
46. Reckon yourselves dead to all manner of sin. Henceforth live not to yourselves, but to him who died for you, and rose again. Rom. 6:11; 2 Cor. 5: 15.
47. Be zealous of good works, always abounding in the work of the Lord, wearying not in well doing. Titus 2:14; Gal. 6:9.
48. Speak evil of no man. Titus 3:2.
49. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly. Col. 3:16.
50. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. Col. 3:8; 4:6.
51. Obey rulers; submit to every ordinance of men for the Lord's sake. Titus 3:1; 1 Pet. 2:13.
52. Be holy in all manner of conversation. 1 Pet. 1:15-16.
53. Give no occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 1 Tim. 5:14.