The following is a formal list compiled by Robert Roberts in “A Guide to the Formation and Conduct of Christadelphian Ecclesias” published originally in 1883 and usually included in the constitutions of most Christadelphian ecclesias, together with a statement of Faith such as the Birmingham Amended Statement of Faith and a list of Doctrines to be Rejected. It should be noted that some lists do differ and they were originally separated into two classes. Class 1: Commandmants Difficult to Obey (numbers 1-20) and Class 2: Not easy but less difficult (numbers 21-53).
1. Love your enemies; do good to them that hate you. Matt. 5:44
2. Resist not evil; if a man smite thee on one cheek, turn to him the other also. Matt. 5:39, 40.
3. Avenge not yourselves: rather give place unto wrath: and suffer yourselves to be defrauded. Rom. 12:18- 19; 1 Cor. 6:7.
4. If a man take away thy goods, ask them not again. Luke 6:29-30.
5. Agree with your adversary quickly, submitting even to wrong for the sake of peace. Matt. 5:25; 1 Cor. 6:7.
6. Labor not to be rich: be ready to every good work, give to those who ask: relieve the afflicted. 1 Tim. 6:8; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:16; James 1:27; Titus 3:1.
7. Do not your alms before men: let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth. Matt. 6: 1-4.
8. Recompense to no man evil for evil: overcome evil with good. Rom. 12:17, 21.
9. Bless them that curse you; let no cursing come out of your mouth. Matt. 5:44; Rom. 12:14.
10. Render not evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise, blessing. 1 Peter 3:9.
11. Pray for them that despitefully use you and afflict you. Matt. 5:44.
12. Grudge not; judge not; complain not; condemn not. James 5:9; Matt. 7:1.
13. Put away anger, wrath, bitterness, and all evil speaking. Eph. 4:31; 1 Peter 2:1.
14. Confess your faults one to another. James 5: 16.
15. Be not conformed to this world: love not the world. Rom. 12:2; 1 John 2:15.
16. Deny any ungodliness and worldly lusts. If thy right hand offend thee, cut it off. Titus 2: 12; Matt. 5:30.
17. Servants, be faithful, even to bad masters. Eph. 6:5-8.
18. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Rom. 12:16.
19. Owe no man anything. Rom. 13:7-8.
20. In case of sin (known or heard of), speak not of it to others, but tell the offending brother of the matter between thee and him alone, with a view to recovery. Matt. 18: 15; Gal. 6:1.
21. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart. Matt. 22:37.
22. Pray always; pray with brevity and simplicity; pray secretly. Luke 18:1; Matt. 6:6-7.
23. In everything give thanks to God and recognize Him in all your ways. Eph. 5:20; Prov. 3:6.
24. As ye would that men should do to you, do ye also so to them. Matt. 7:12.
25. Take Christ for an example and follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21.
26. Let Christ dwell in your heart by faith. Eph. 3: 17.
27. Esteem Christ more highly than all earthly things: yea, than your own life. Luke 14:26.
28. Confess Christ freely before men. Luke 12:8.
29. Beware lest the cares of life or the allurements of pleasure weaken his hold on your heart. Luke 21 :34- 36; Matt. 24:44.
30. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Matt. 22:39.
31. Exercise lordship over no one. Matt. 23:10-12.
32. Seek not your own welfare only, nor bear your own burdens merely, but have regard to those of others. Phil. 2:4; Gal. 6:2.
33. Let your light shine before men: hold forth the Word of Life. Do good to all men as ye have opportunity. Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:16; Gal. 6:10.
34. Be blameless and harmless, as the sons of God in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation. Phil. 2:15.
35. Be gentle, meek, kind-hearted compassionate, merciful, forgiving. 2 Tim. 2:24; Titus 2:2; Eph. 4:32.
36. Be sober, grave, sincere, temperate. Phil. 4:5; 1 Peter. 1:13; 5:8.
37. Speak the truth every man with his neighbor: put away all lying. Eph. 4:25.
38. Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as unto the Lord, and not unto men. Col. 3:23.
39. Be watchful, vigilant, brave, joyful, courteous and manly. 1 Cor. 16:13; Phil. 4:4.
40. Be clothed with humility: be patient toward all. Col. 3:12; Rom. 12:12; 1 Pet. 5:5.
41. Follow peace with all men. Heb. 12:14.
42. Sympathize in the joys and sorrows of others. Rom. 12:15.
43. Follow after whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseful. Phil. 4:8.
44. Refrain utterly from adultery, fornication, uncleanness, drunkenness, covetousness, wrath, strife, sedition, hatred, emulation, boasting, vainglory, envy, jesting and foolish talking. Eph. 5:3-4; Gal. 5:19- 21.
45. Whatever you do, consider the effect of your action on the honor of God's Name among men. Do all to the glory of God. 1 Cor. 3:17; 10:31.
46. Reckon yourselves dead to all manner of sin. Henceforth live not to yourselves, but to him who died for you, and rose again. Rom. 6:11; 2 Cor. 5: 15.
47. Be zealous of good works, always abounding in the work of the Lord, wearying not in well doing. Titus 2:14; Gal. 6:9.
48. Speak evil of no man. Titus 3:2.
49. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly. Col. 3:16.
50. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. Col. 3:8; 4:6.
51. Obey rulers; submit to every ordinance of men for the Lord's sake. Titus 3:1; 1 Pet. 2:13.
52. Be holy in all manner of conversation. 1 Pet. 1:15-16.
53. Give no occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 1 Tim. 5:14.